How applications will be prioritised
The Main Programme offers grants for work that will make a positive difference to the lives of people who face significant disadvantage and who have limited choices and opportunities. The average award is in the region of £7,000 and the Programme is aimed at organisations with a turnover of less that £500,000 (in exceptional circumstances grants can be made to organisations with a turnover in excess of £500,000 – please call the Grant Officer to discuss).
For details of how to apply for a Main Programme Grant please download the Guidelines here.
Fast Track Grants
The Trust also run a ‘Fast Track’ Grant Programme, which offers small grants, under £2,500. Applications can be submitted at any time and a decision will be made within three weeks of receipt. This programme is targeted at organisation’s with a turnover of less than £250,000.
For details of how to apply for a Fast Track Grant please download the Guidelines here
For both Programmes, the Trust is likely to receive many more proposals than we are able to fund so the following funding priorities have been agreed:
The Trust aims to support projects that will:
Make a positive difference to the lives of people who face significant disadvantage and have limited choices and opportunities, for example because they lack skills, have difficulty in accessing resources or face discrimination.
You will need to demonstrate that your organisation:
- Has an annual turnover of less than £500,000 (£250,000 for Fast Track Grants);
- Has a relevant track record and experience;
- Benefits people resident or working in Tower Hamlets and/or Southwark and/or the City of London;
- Undertakes charitable work (however you do not have to be a registered charity);
- Has a constitution or a set of rules which governs its activities;
- Has its own bank or building society account where two or more named people (including one trustee or management committee member) have to sign all the cheques;
- Can provide annual accounts for the previous year (unless your organisation is new).
The Trust will prioritise projects and activities:
- That are clearly targeted and can provide evidence of the disadvantage faced by their clients;
- That will reduce barriers and encourage social inclusion;
- That have a clear plan and demonstrate the difference that will be made.
We are happy to consider requests to fund project costs, relevant core costs and associated training. However the Trust is unlikely to support equipment or capital costs.